Following a recent review, the National Police Chiefs’ Council Security Systems Working Group has announced a forthcoming increase of the Police Administration Fee when issuing Unique Reference numbers (URNs) for remote signalling systems requiring a Police response. The increase, to be levied by Police Forces in England, Wales and Northern Ireland, will take effect from 1st April 2020.
The Administration Fee, which has remained static for seven years, will increase by 5% and will relate to the following:
- Intruder Alarms
- Hold-up Alarms
- Combined Intruder Alarms/Hold-up Alarms
- Take-over of an existing system for a single element
- Take-over of an existing system with two elements
Lone Worker Annual Fees:
- Under 10,000 devices monitored
- 10,000-50,000 devices monitored
- 50,000 or above devices monitored
An NSI Circular Letter issued last week to NSI installers and Alarm Receiving Centres sets out the new prices and provides further information. The Circular Letter can be found in the Company Login area of the NSI website.