How would I know if there is a signalling fault?

Any signalling faults are reported to the alarm receiving centre (ARC) who will inform you either directly or via your installer. Your installer can clarify this.

Should a fault be found on your landline or broadband service, your installer will notify you and may be able to offer suggestions, however since you and not the alarm installer hold the contract with the communications provider, you will need to contact your communications provider to directly to resolve the problem.

Your installer may refer to the signalling fault as an ATS fault or Alarm Transmission System fault).