This year's ‘Engineers of Tomorrow’ competition has been postponed by host event IFSEC International due to the COVID-19 pandemic and rescheduled to 18-20 May 2021.
Registration is now open for apprentice installers of security and/or fire systems looking to showcase their skills in next year’s prestigious national competition.
Key dates are as follows:
- Regional Competitions for both security and fire will run between February and May 2021
- Winners will then go on to compete at Engineers of Tomorrow, which will take place at IFSEC International in London between 18-20th May
- Preparation boot camp in August 2021 for the security WorldSkills finalists
- WorldSkills UK Live will take place in November 2021
- All finalists for security and fire will be announced at the Security and Fire Excellence Awards 2021 on 23 November 2021
As a founding stakeholder of the competition and long term advocate of apprenticeships in the security and fire sector, we encourage employers to find out how their apprentices can get involved in 2021.
Many apprentices employed by NSI approved companies have taken part and been very successful in the competition over the years, going on to establish very rewarding careers.