If you are in the business of providing Security Guarding Services, you may want to consider becoming an NSI approved company. NSI provides the most rigorous inspection services for businesses operating within the security industry in order to protect the interests of the end user.
Our schemes cover a wide range of areas within the Guarding Security sector, these are:
- Security Guarding and Specialised Security Services
- Keyholding and Response Services
- Security Screening
- Immigration Detention Centres
- Private prisons, Remand Homes, Prison Escort and Court Services
- Door Supervisors
- Management and Operation of CCTV Monitoring Schemes
- Event Stewarding and Crowd Safety Services
- Covert Investigation & Surveillance
- Technical Surveillance Counter Measures
- Aviation Security
Approval through an NSI scheme proves that you consistently meet the highest standards including the relevant British Standards, reinforcing the reliability of your company. It will also help you promote your business and brand awareness amongst your customers and specifiers.
Your company details are also included free in NSI’s on-line Directory of approved companies.
SIA Approved Contractor Scheme (ACS) Passport Route
NSI is able to provide ACS approval through the Passport route as well as the Standard route. Further information can be found on this page in the Passporting Section.
NSI Guarding Gold, Guarding Silver and Cash Services Gold and Cash Services Silver approved companies providing services for Security Guarding, CCTV, Door Supervision, Keyholding and Cash and Valuables in Transit services may choose this option.
Two Levels of Approval
NSI’s premier manned security scheme is designed for companies wishing to meet the industry’s highest standards by achieving business excellence through ISO 9001 Quality Management, as well as displaying technical expertise by meeting the appropriate British Standards.
NSI’s Guarding Silver approved companies are required to meet the same high level of technical competence as those required from the Guarding Gold scheme, however they are not required to subscribe to ISO 9001 Quality Management. Guarding Silver is designed as a stepping-stone towards Gold approval.
Please click on the link to the right if you wish to apply. When you have submitted this request, you will be able to download the application forms and information to view and print as required. If you have any questions, please call our Applications team on 01628 764855.
NSI was the first Security Industry Authority Assessing Body that offered access to the Approved Contractor Scheme via the Passport route.
The Passport route is open to NSI Guarding Gold, Guarding Silver, Cash Services Gold and Cash Services Silver approved companies providing services for Security Guarding, CCTV, Door Supervisors, Keyholding and Cash and Valuables in Transit. The Passport route offers qualifying companies an additional option for access to the ACS. NSI approved companies achieving this must meet an NSI Passport Specification, but will not be required to go through separate ACS assessments, thus benefiting from potential cost savings.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THE ACS PASSPORT ROUTE, PLEASE COMPLETE AN ENQUIRY FORM.
Approval by NSI requires inspection to recognised industry British Standards/Codes of Practice. Before an inspection for approval can take place, companies should ensure they have a copy of the appropriate Standard.
- BS 7858 Code of Practice for Security Screening of Personnel employed in a Security Environment
- BS 7499 Code of Practice for Static site Guarding and Mobile Patrol Services
- BS 7984 Code of Practice for Keyholding and Response Services
- BS 7958 Code of Practice for Closed-circuit Television (CCTV) - Management and operation BS 7960 Code of Practice for Door Supervisors
- BS 8406 Code of Practice for Event Stewarding and Crowd Safety Services
- BS 7872 Code of Practice for Operation of Cash-in-Transit Services (collection & delivery)
NSI Guarding Gold Approval Addition:
BS EN ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Systems - Requirements
Copies of British Standards are available to NSI approved companies through our Online Standards service at a discounted cost.
For some approvals, additional NSI Codes of Practice will be required:
- NCP 107 - NSI Code of Practice for the Provision of Control Room Services
- NCP 111 - NSI Code of Practice for the Provision of Security Screening Services
TO APPLY PLEASE COMPLETE AN ONLINE ENQUIRY FORM
If you have any queries regarding our Guarding approvals, please call the Applications team on 01628 764854.