Security screening of job applicants is a key requirement of the security industry. This one day course explains the key principles of pre-employment and post-employment screening and the records to be retained on cessation of employment.
Who should attend?
The course is designed for individuals who have the task of security screening or reviewing the screening of job applicants to ensure compliance with BS7858.
- Basic prinicples of security screening
- Information required from applicant
- Verification of information
- Minimum requirements for provisional employment to commence
- Options for closing gaps in an employment history
- Additional SIA ACS requirements
- Cessation of employment
- To give delegates a good understanding of BS7858 requirements
- Enable delegates to be able to confirm that an applicant has a verifiable history
- To authenticate documents for date and place of birth and home address
- Suggest alternatives to close a gap in employment history
- Recognise when probationary employment can commerce
- Be able to compile a fully documented screening file
Delegates will receive a Certificate of Attendance in addition to course notes, a sample checklist and forms. Those attending will be expected to take an interactive part in the course, with practical exercises being provided for individual participation. Exercises are based on situations that may arise during pre-employment and post-employment screening.
Continuing Professional Development
Attending this course will contribute 6 structured hours towards your CPD requirements.
Alternatively, contact: Maxine Dent, Training Executive:
T: 01628 764831 E: firstname.lastname@example.org