Kitchen fire protection is a key part of a holistic approach in occupied premises and work places.
NSI is the first Certification Body in the UK to be licensed to verify competency of contractors who install and maintain kitchen fire protection systems to BAFE Scheme SP206.
This NSI scheme covers the Design, Installation, Commissioning, Recharge and Maintenance of kitchen fire protection systems. The NSI scheme incorporates the requirements of BAFE’s scheme document SP 206 and allows approved organisations to display both the NSI and BAFE logos.
The scheme has been developed for those who use, or are responsible for, a commercial kitchen to give them the confidence the kitchen fire protection system will operate reliably, being installed and maintained by a provider issuing a certificate of compliance for the system.
Benefits of using an NSI approved installer:
- NSI approval signals the competence of the installer to design, install and maintain your kitchen fire protection system.
- Offers peace of mind to owners and users – protecting people and property
- Potential insurance premium savings – speak to your insurer
Notes to installers seeking NSI approval:
- Scheme Approval options: the scheme has two approval levels – ‘Gold’ and ‘Silver’. To understand the difference click here.
- You do not need to have been certified to ISO 9001 before applying for Gold approval, but you will need to have everything in place, ready for assessment.
- As a pre-requisite, applicants will be expected to have undergone training in those systems it wishes to include on its scope of certification. Please refer to Section 7 ‘Organisation Competence Requirements’ of BAFE Scheme document SP206 for more information, or speak to NSI’s Application Advisors.
To access the application information, please complete the Enquiry Form