- Independent – NSI operates without outside influence or coercion. NSI is governed by a Board that is represented by its key stakeholders including approved companies, customers, insurers, Police and Fire and Rescue Services and Government
- Not for profit – With no shareholder obligations, we only retain a surplus that is sufficient to invest in the business and maintain our financial strength over the long-term
- Fully accredited – NSI is accredited for its scope of operations by the United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS) www.ukas.com/about-accreditation/about-ukas/
- BAFE accredited – NSI was the first third party certification body accredited to inspect to technical requirements of the BAFE Fire Industry SP203 scheme in respect of companies seeking approval for fire detection and alarm and fixed gaseous suppression systems. www.bafe.org.uk
- SIA Assessing Body – NSI is an assessing body for the Approved Contractor Scheme (ACS). Choosing an ACS company which is NSI assessed provides them with the peace of mind of a robust ACS assessment. www.sia.homeoffice.gov.uk/Pages/about-us.aspx
- Thorough – We set high standards for companies seeking NSI approval. We carry a reputation for the most robust and thorough inspections in our specialist sectors of fire, security and related FM.
- Sector specific – Focussing on our specialist sectors has allowed us to build up an unrivalled knowledge and expertise in our chosen sector. Our in-depth knowledge and experience enhances the robustness of audits for the benefit of the trade and the consumer.
- Accessible – Our schemes are open to companies, large and small, who are committed to meeting our approval criteria and deliver a high standard of workmanship and service.
- Protecting the public – NSI believe that all customers, large and small, commercial or domestic, are entitled to a high standard of service from their security and fire suppliers.