When selecting an installer, be sure to ask whether they:
- are capable of meeting the standards of workmanship and service you would expect.
- are properly security vetting all relevant staff to British Standards.
- operate a 24 hour call out service and able to respond within 4 hours.
- are fully insured.
- are rigorously inspected twice a year to ensure standards are maintained.
- will complete a thorough security survey and Risk Assessment of your property.
- install reliable, up to date equipment.
- will issue you with a Certificate of Compliance for your system.
- offer a maintenance contract.
- meet the stringent requirements of the police and your insurer.
- operate to the highest level of business excellence through achievement of the industry specific ISO 9001 Quality Management system (NSI NACOSS Gold only).
NSI NACOSS Gold and Systems Silver approved companies can answer ‘yes’ to all of the above. NSI provides the most rigorous inspection process to ensure that all its approved companies continuously meet the highest standards.
Is Your Intruder Alarm Officially Certificated?
You will be issued with a 'Certificate of Compliance' on completion of the installation of an electronic security system by your NSI approved company.
This provides you with evidence that the system was installed by an approved company and meets the appropriate standards. This uniquely numbered 'Certificate of Compliance' may be required by your insurance company as proof that the system meets their criteria when it's a condition of insurance, or where an insurance premium discount is available for suitable installations.
Obtaining Police Response
In order to obtain police response in the UK, please be aware you need to use the services of a company holding approval as an installer and maintainer of intruder and hold-up alarm systems.
NSI NACOSS Gold and Systems Silver approved companies employ the services of NSI approved ARCs (Alarm Receiving Centres) to provide 24/7 monitoring and alert the relevant police authority when they believe security has been breached at an alarmed premises (domestic or commercial).
NSI approval gives you confidence in the integrity of the alarm system maintenance and 24/7 monitoring process.
Find NSI approved companies in your area via 'Find a Company' and search for 'Intruder Alarm/CCTV/Access Control' to make sure the company you are using holds NSI NACOSS Gold or Systems Silver approval.