An access control system is an effective way of securing your premises from unwanted guests and provides protection for your staff and assets. By controlling who is entering your premises, you have the reassurance of knowing who is on site and at what time.
Every company’s security needs are different, so choosing a system that is right for you will depend on the size of your business and the number of people that will need access. Listed below are some of the advantages an Access Control system has to offer:
- you can control who is entering your premises; where and when
- helps to protect employees, visitors, property and sensitive information
- you can secure certain sections of a building
- reduce timesheet procedures
- integrate with HR systems for ease of monitoring and data management
- integrate with other security systems for centralised management of the site
- help comply with the requirements of the Disability Discrimination Act
- control access to a wide variety of other facilities or equipment, such as vending machines or PCs, using smartcard technology.
Selecting the Right Access Control Installer
Selecting a system for your business is one thing.
If you want it to be effective and meet the required standards, it is important to have it installed and maintained in accordance with the required standards by a professional company such as those approved by NSI.
Here are some key questions to ask the company you are considering to install your system. Are they...
- thoroughly security vetted?
- Rigorously inspected twice a year to ensure they are maintaining standards in both the quality of installation and how they are run as a business?
- properly insured?
- operating a 24 hour call out service (and do they respond within 4 hours)?
- able to complete a thorough security survey of your property?
- installing reliable, up to date equipment?
- going to issue you with a Certificate of Compliance for your system?
- meeting the relevant British and European Standards?
- operating to the highest level of business excellence through achievement of the industry specific ISO 9001 Quality Management System (NACOSS Gold only)?
NSI approved companies can answer 'yes' to all these questions. NSI provides the toughest inspection services to ensure that all its approved companies continuously meet the highest standards.