Come and meet the team and attend our friendly Application Workshop. The workshop is designed specifically to guide you through the application process and answer any questions you may have. For more information please contact the applications team on 01628 764838 or view our training page for dates.
You will find all the information on this page that is required to submit your Fire Gold or Silver application to NSI.
- Fire Detection & Alarm Systems
- Fixed Gaseous Fire Suppression Systems
- Competency of Portable Fire Extinguisher Organisations and Technicians
- Emergency Lighting Systems
All the forms you need to complete can be downloaded. To avoid unnecessary delays, please be ready to meet the scheme requirements when submitting an application.
If you would like more information or to obtain a quote, please contact the NSI Applications Team on 01628 764838.
Application forms may be returned by e-mail to email@example.com but any additional documentation required should be sent by post, ensuring your details are easily identifiable. If you wish to post your application (a ring binder/folder is preferred) please address to:
Applications Department, National Security Inspectorate, Sentinel House, 5 Reform Road, Maidenhead, Berkshire, SL6 8BY
1. Helpful Documentation;
We would advise you to read the following documents before completing your application.
- NSI Application Process Gold or Silver.
- NSI Regulations, Regs Annex 1, Regs Annex 2, Regs Annex 3, Regs Annex 5
- Criteria for Approval (Silver)
- British Standards and Codes of Practice
2. BAFE Scheme Documents
- SP203-1 Design, Installation, Commissioning & Maintenance of Fire Detection & Fire Alarm Systems
- SP203-3 Design, Installation, Commissioning & Maintenance of Fixed Gaseous Fire Suppression Systems
- SP203-4 Design, Installation, Commissioning & Maintenance of Emergency Lighting Systems
- SP101 – Competency of Portable Fire Extinguisher Organisations and Technicians
3. Application Check List – Documentation to Submit
3.1 Application Form and Annex
Please complete the main application form and relevant Annex.
- Application Form (All Fire Schemes)
- Annex E SP203-1 or SP203-3 (Fire Systems Gold and Silver)
- Annex J SP203 4 (Emergency Lighting)
- Annex D SP101 (Portable Fire Extinguishers)
3.2 Financial Information
For start-up companies
A two year projected business plan is required to include a Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet.
Companies trading between one and two years
Please provide one year’s statutory accounts and one year’s projected business plan to include Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet.
Companies trading for two years or more
Sole traders and partnerships should send two years’ statutory accounts to include Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet (does not include ‘Limited’ companies).
3.3 Personal Data Forms
A Personal Data Form must be submitted for Directors, Partners, Sole Traders, Shareholders (with 10% or more of the shares).
In addition to the above form all Qualifying Managers/nominated designers must complete a Fire Industry Competence Form.
3.4 Quality Systems Documentation – Fire Gold Applicants Only
You should submit your Quality manual, procedures and engineering instructions complying with ISO 9001, BAFE scheme document and the relevant Quality Schedule:
- SP203-1 or SP203-3 and NSI Quality Schedule FSQS121-8
- SP203-4 and NSI Quality Schedule ELSQS122
- For SP101 a quality schedule is not applicable.
Additional Information (downloadable pdfs)
3.5 Useful Templates- Fire Silver Applicants
Here are some useful templates which you may wish to use in your business
3.6 Training/Qualification Requirements for Emergency Lighting Applicants
Engineers must have attended and passed an ICEL Competent Engineers Course or equivalent. Engineers (and designers where relevant) must also have the necessary electrical competence, guidance of which can be found under the relevant modules in the BAFE SP203-4 scheme document.